Last updated July 12, 2021
Personal Information Collection and Using
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To provide you with email alerts, event registrations, and other notices concerning our products or services.
- To audit current interactions and transactions with you.
- To detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity.
- To perform services on behalf of the business, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytic services, or providing similar services on behalf of the business.
- To identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- To undertake internal research for technological development and demonstration.
- To improve, upgrade, or enhance the service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by the business.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our legal rights.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development.
- For protecting the rights, property, or safety of us, our clients, or others as necessary or appropriate.
- To respond to law enforcement requests.
To achieve the above business purposes, we will obtain different types of personal information from the following types of sources:
- Information collected that you submit or share directly with us through registration, surveys, applications or phone calls, as well as email and postal communications.
- Information passively collected from cookies and other website analytics.
- Information collected through third parties or from your browsing activity on other sites, such as on social media platforms, and public databases.
- From one or more of our affiliates with which you have a business relationship.
- Service providers with which we have a contractual relationship and to which you have provided your Personal Information.
We will collect one or more of the following specific personal information:
- Legal name, nickname, signature, email address, postal address, social security number, date of birth, driver’s license number, physical characteristics or description, educational level, current employment or employment history, biometric information, and/or geolocation data.
- Account name, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information and/or health insurance information.
- Online identifier, Internet Protocol address, Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet Web site, application, or advertisement.
Please notify that we will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Meanwhile, for achieving the above business purposes, we will share personal information with the following categories of third parties:
- To run our business, such as call centers and order fulfillment and distribution companies, credit card processing companies, web hosting and development companies, and direct marketing agencies.
- To track the effectiveness of advertisements on our sites.
- To provide you with programs, services or educational information we believe may be of interest to you.
- To market a product.
Unless specifically stated, we do not share, disclose or sell personal information with third parties for their use, but we do share your personal information with our affiliates and trusted partners in arrangements that may meet the broad definition of "sale" under California law. In these arrangements, the use of the information we share is restricted by policy, contracts, or relevant restrictions.
Your California Privacy Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides California resident consumers with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
We hereby state that we will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights, for example
- Refusing to provide goods or services to you.
- Charging you with a different price or rate for goods or services, including by granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Providing you with different levels or quality of goods or services.
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
You have the right to request that we delete the certain personal information we have collected from you in certain situations. However, we may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Provide a good or service requested by you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity.
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Ensure that another consumer exercises his or her right to freedom of expression, or other rights provided by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act according to Chapter 3.6 (commencing with Section 1546) of Title 12 of Part 2 of the Penal Code.
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impact the achievement of such research, if you have provided informed consent.
- Facilitate solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us or one of our affiliates.
- Comply with a legal obligation.